Time for the second ever Sunday round up! This week I found an awesome video debunking the alpha male myth, a fascinating article about vaginal fluid transfers as a treatment for bacterial vaginosis, and some healing rituals for grief, the emotion of the season.
The Alpha Male myth
Down with the alpha theory! It’s been debunked by its creator for years. If you like assertive people, you like assertive people but the idea of ranked wolf packs and chimpanzee families is not what you think.
Rituals for Healing Grief
This week we did a deep dive into the element of metal. We discussed how metal looked in our bodies, minds, and souls.
The emotion of metal is grief which is fitting because autumn, metal’s associated season, is the season of letting go.
Check out this awesome article about Rituals to Heal Grief.
Vaginal Fluid Transfers
A recent Israeli pilot study found that a vaginal fluid transfer was able to treat Bacterial Vaginosis in 4 out of 5 patients who didn’t respond to other medical treatments.
Like a fecal transfer, a vaginal fluid transfer helps a woman repopulate her microbiome with healthy bacteria that can keep unhealthy bacteria in check.
Check out the Ars Technica article here!
And in case you missed them…
The blogtober posts so far:
- Blogtober: The Yin Zhi, the Subconscious, and Fate
- Six self-help books to cozy up to this fall
- Adjusting to Autumn: Preventing Seasonal Affective Disorder
- The Healing Power of a Cup of Tea
- Journaling for the Harvest Season: Six prompts
- Sunday Roundup: RSV, Vaginal Steaming, and Sphincter Law
- Five Witchy Books for Fall
- The Metal Element: Grief and Release
- Manage Stress Paralysis with Five Element Theory
- Self-care strategies for busy moms
- The Decluttering Experiment
- The Harvest Season and Reverie Acupuncture
Jessica Gustafson is a licensed acupuncturist in St Paul, MN specializing in women’s health and fertility. She loves working with patients through the Health Foundations Birth Center on Grand Avenue in St Paul as well as doing home visits in the Twin Cities area. Check out the services page for more information!
Follow Reverie Acupuncture on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for updates! Please follow and like Reverie Acupuncture!